Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

MixTape: Christmas Part 2

I warned a couple of weeks ago that I'd be back with more Christmas music this week, as the theme is "Dealer's Choice." With my holiday spirit in full swing, here are a few more of my favorite songs for this time of year.

Michael Bublé and Thalia - "Mis Deseos / Feliz Navidad"

I absolutely love this arrangement of this song. As Joshua and I listened to it in the car the other day, we thought about some of our family in Colorado, in particular a couple of cousins who spoke some Spanish to Joshua and taught him about some of our Mexican heritage. We miss all of our family there and in other parts of the country, as we don't get to visit often, but we will remember them with love during this holiday season.

Third Day - "What Child is This?"

"Greensleeves" has always been one of my favorite melodies ever, and I like this arrangement by Third Day.

Casting Crowns - "O Come, O Come Emmanuel"

This is an instrumental version of the song. I think this melody is so gorgeous, and of course the violin gets me every time. So, so beautiful.

Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan - "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen / We Three Kings"

They're just so fun.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - "Christmas Canon"

Another gorgeous melody. I love Christmas music!

Thurl Ravenscroft - "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"

The theme song to my favorite Christmas special ever. Along with the Charlie Brown one.

Merry Christmas, everyone! Hope you're enjoying this time of year, however you celebrate.

My Skewed View

No comments:

Post a Comment