Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

The Thank You List

It's Monday Listicles time again! This week, Stasha is asking us to put together a list of 10 Thanks. I don't always appreciate things as much as I should, so I think this will be a good one. :)

10 Things for Which I am Thankful 

1. My son. I couldn't have asked for a better child.

2. Discovering this song on Friday. Just the lyrics I need to hear lately, and because I love me some good rock, good music as well:



3. Instagram. I love "meeting" people from all over the world, who also share a passion for photography. (I have just as much fun looking at photos than taking and sharing mine.) In fact, let me just say "internet" here and say I am thankful for ways for a really shy girl to make friends and communicate. :)

4. My smartphone and the diet app (Lose It), as well as the Shape Up RI program. Together, they helped me lose 35 lbs, and I feel great. 10 more to go!

5. My extended family and good friends.

6. A roof over my head. A new roof, in fact, when I move in 10 days!

7. Never having to go hungry, or see my child go hungry. Clean water, too.

8. Having a job. Granted, I'd prefer to be able to be a stay-at-home mom, but I am happy that I can provide and that we can afford all of the things that we need.

9. Providence Bruins games. I've met so many people there, and it's great stress relief. I'm also thankful to be able to play the sport. It's so much fun.

10. Freedom.

Knocking on wood, counting my blessings. 'Til next week!

11 comments:

  1. Having spent over a year unemployed after a lay-off I too am thankful for my job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. Sounds like you have a pretty great life:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this list so much. It really is the basics like food, shelter and healthy family that we forget to be thankful for. And apps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANd oh my gosh I just realized you are on time!! Like you joined on Monday!!! I am so chuffed I might just have to eat another cookie to celebrate. You go girl!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, funny how many of us are adding apps, and other smartphone related stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Congrats on the 35 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah to you, between the weight loss & new job sounds like a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job losing 35 lbs! I will be looking into that app for sure! And congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this list!! It includes all the important aspects of life that we need to be thankful for; like children, a house, a job, good food, clean water.... and of course Switchfoot!!! :)
    And YAY for Instagram & Blogger to allow shy girls to "meet" new friends from across the world who share similar passions. :)

    ReplyDelete