Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

MixTape: Christmas is Coming

This week's MixTape prompt is Christmas music... my favorite! The hardest part will be limiting myself to five songs. I doubt I will be able to do that, but the next "Free for All" mix is in a couple of weeks. Expect to see more Christmas music then! :)

John Denver & The Muppets - Twelve Days of Christmas


It's just not Christmas without John Denver and the Muppets. Joshua is really enjoying this song this year. Bah dum bum bum.

Casting Crowns - I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day


I've loved this song, and this version of it, ever since I first bought this album. I just think it's beautiful.

James Taylor - In The Bleak Midwinter


When I was a young girl, I loved this song. It was never on any of my Christmas albums, but I would get really excited when we sang it in church. I remember singing it in choir, as well. As an adult, I was happy to see it on James Taylor's Christmas album, and I really like his version.

Lady Antebellum - The First Noël


For whatever reason, I've had this song (this version in particular) on repeat in my car for the past couple of weeks. The harmonies are so beautiful, and it just brings me back to high school, Concert Choir, singing in these old historic homes during the Festival of Lights in Wickford as people toured the homes. Nice and warm and fuzzy.

Brad Paisley - Penguin, James Penguin


I put this one on Joshua's Christmas playlist, and as expected, he loved it. We have a fondness for penguins in these parts. I'm not sure what's up with the fireplace in the video, but the song is cute. And Joshua has decided that everyone needs to know about James Penguin.

Holly Jolly Christmas
Last but not least, Joshua would like to sing you his favorite Christmas song. It's been on repeat in the car (and the Rudolph movie has been on repeat in the house) -- just like it was last year. I could list all of the songs from the movie in this mix, because we love them all, but this is his favorite.



Merry Christmas, everyone!

My Skewed View

No comments:

Post a Comment