Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Wordless Wednesday: Baby, You're a Firework

I've been feeling a little down lately. While my Facebook and Instagram feeds are flooded with photos of people having fun in the Summer sun, I have been cooped up at work. But even when I am not at work, I often just want to stay in the house because it's just too darn hot out (and my child hates the heat even more than I do). My energy is drained, my asthma symptoms flare up, bugs bite me, there's no hockey to watch, friends are too busy with other activities ... I am definitely not Summer's biggest fan. I actually think I may have SAD (seasonal affective disorder), the Summer version, because for as long as I can remember I tend to be a bit depressed this time of year. And yes, I am absolutely allowed to complain now because I was in all my glory while we had several feet of snow this past Winter! :)

I am looking forward to my favorite season, Autumn, in a couple of months, followed by my second favorite, Winter. Harvest time activities, Halloween, Christmas, the perfect weather (even snow!) -- that is when I am happiest. However, I am trying to make an effort to be more in the present, as well as more grateful. So I've come up with a list of things that I enjoy about the Summer:
  1. Fireworks on the Fourth of July, even if I do have to wear headphones to tone down the sound.
  2. Swimming, in pools or at the beach.
  3. Being by the ocean, whether to just eat or spend the day at the beach or just sit and watch the boats go by.
  4. School vacation. Mom needs a break, too!
  5. Traveling. We don't get to go away every year, but we have something planned this year, and I'm really looking forward to it.
  6. Flip flops. Only thing better is bare feet!
  7. The State Fair. Always a good time.
  8. My birthday. One of these years, I am going to celebrate it right.
  9. Summer hockey league. So thankful for year-round ice rinks!
  10. Fresh fruits and vegetables. It's so easy to eat healthy during this time of year. Currently enjoying: watermelon, cantaloupe, cherries, strawberries, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Josh and I are pretty obsessed with the cukes!
  11. Bonus: thunderstorms. They've been a little scary lately, but they can also be exciting sometimes. And I've gotten some wicked cloud photos. As long as they don't damage me, my people, or any of my stuff, they are cool.
Here are some photos of one of my favorite summer activities, the Fourth of July fireworks.

IMG_8250

IMG_8301

IMG_8308

IMG_8319

IMG_8346

What do you love about summer?

Linking up with Ruchira on this (not very wordless) Wordless Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment