Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Writer's Workshop: Photo Bomb

This week, I'm following the prompt, "5. Photographs can turn a house into a home. Share a photograph that is not on your wall, but should be…if you weren’t so lazy about actually putting it there."

When I read this prompt, I thought, now there's the story of my life! I take photographs all the time but rarely do anything with them, except maybe post them to Flickr or Instagram and possibly send them to others. If the photos are lucky, they may even make it to this blog and be seen by one or two readers. I keep telling Joshua that I am going to make some photo books, but that hasn't happened yet. I absolutely love taking photos, but the problem with taking as many as I do is that it's so time consuming to go through them all and do anything with them. Maybe it was easier back in the film days when we couldn't take 200 photos in a three hour span.

All those photos, and my poor walls are totally empty.

There are other things that I need to hang, as well: a growth chart for Joshua that I probably should put up before he stops growing, a few pieces of art that he made in school this year which I absolutely adore, two photos that I won recently, my state-fair-prize-winning photos that are sitting in boxes with ribbons attached. In fact, I have a whole closet full of potential wall decorations, but haven't had the time or energy to really do anything with them.

I need more hours in the day, and probably more sleep.

It also doesn't help that our current home is temporary -- an apartment to stay in until I can save up some money to buy a house. But that doesn't mean I can't make it more homey while we are here. So, I'm feeling a little motivated now (thanks, Mama Kat!). I think wall decorating needs to be my next big project.

For the sake of the prompt, I went through some photos online and chose a few I thought would look good on my walls.

Perhaps a cute collage with these two (Beluga whales are such hams!):

IMG_1840
2011
IMG_0550
2014

Maybe a more creative photo of Joshua:

[364/365] Happy Holidays

[251/365] My Sunshine

Or some owls in our newly-decorated, owl-themed bathroom (the boy loves his owls):

IMG_0159

IMG_4833

And some other of our favorite animals, for good measure:

[136/365] Hummingbird Central

IMG_4909

It will take a little time and effort, but I am sure we'll be able to find the right photos to make our house feel like a home. Now, to buy some frames...

Mama’s Losin’ It

No comments:

Post a Comment