Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

MixTape: Beautiful Songs

This week, I'm playing along with Jen for Twisted Mixed Tape Tuesday. The theme is "Beautiful Songs."

I am new to this link up, but I always enjoy reading others' contributions, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. That and I have been home, sick, all day (my stomach hates me) and this will allow me to do something fun that doesn't require me moving. And I miss the days of making mix tapes!

Here are my five beautiful choices:

1. Trent Willmon "Good Horses to Ride"



I'm just a sucker for fiddles and the Spanish guitar. I close my eyes and picture Colorado. It's definitely beautiful out there.

2. Sinead O'Connor and The Chieftains "The Foggy Dew"



I love Irish music. I first heard this one before a Dropkick Murphys concert (they play it before all of their shows, as far as I know). I had to find it after the show.

3. Dierks Bentley "Draw Me a Map"



Those fiddles again. I just love this song.

4. Miranda Lambert "Oklahoma Sky"



Simply beautiful.

5. Rascal Flatts "Why"



Today is World Suicide Prevention Day, so I wanted to add this one (plus, I really love this song). This hits close to home for me, given my struggles with depression. I also felt the affects when a family member committed suicide and the whole family was questioning themselves as to whether they could have done anything differently, or done more. I felt the guilt, but I know it wasn't anyone's fault. But I also understand how it could get that far. It's such a dark place, and I pray there will someday be more help for those with mental illnesses, because it is so needed. We need to help each other through our tough times. Anyway, this video made me bawl. Don't say I didn't warn you!

I hope you enjoyed the mix tape. What are some of your favorite beautiful songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment