"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney
This week, I've decided to link up with Mama Kat's Pretty Much Famous Writer's Workshop. She posts a list of prompts every week. Fellow bloggers chose one, write about it, and link their posts to her site on Thursday. Sounds fun.
I chose this prompt: 1.) List 6 of your favorite quotes. If there's one thing I appreciate, it's a good quote -- especially the inspirational kind.
I wanted to write this entry last night. However, I ended up spending entirely too much time searching for my favorite quote book. It's somewhere, buried under all the crap in my office. And then tonight, while searching for an obscure quote in that book, I realized -- I have already written a post with some of those quotes.
I'm not sure what to write for the other prompts, though, so I am going to stick with my original choice. You know, make my first appearance on the Writer's Workshop scene, using other people's words. That's how I roll.
Here are six quotes that I have discovered or been reacquainted with recently, and that really speak to me.
1. "The cure for everything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea" - Isak Dinesen
2. "The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be." - Anne Frank
3. "If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." - Mother Teresa
4. "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." - Henry David Thoreau
6. This last one is from the song "Home," performed by Phillip Phillips. I could not get this one part out of my head the other day, and when I stopped to think about the words, I realized they were just what I have been needing to hear.
Settle down, it'll all be clearI hope these words of other authors and composers have inspired you, as well. :)
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you’re not alone