Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Little Things List

I love the topic for Listicles this week (thanks, Wendy!). I've been thinking about how the smallest things have been making me upset lately, but this helped me remember that small things make me happy, too. I know, I am just a moody 12-year-old at heart. Maybe someday, I will grow up. Until then, here are the:

10 TINY THINGS THAT BRING ME JOY

IMG_3587
I love the snow. Good thing, because we've had plenty this winter!

1. Conversations with Joshua. Never a dull moment.
2. Photos. Taking them, looking at other people's. I love to relax by checking my Instagram feed.
3. New episodes of my favorite shows. This week included Glee, Big Bang Theory, Yukon Men, and Worst Cooks in America.
4. Music. The right song can lift my spirit within the first few notes.
5. Hockey. Or any other sport. But especially hockey, and especially Providence Bruins games with my friends.
6. Cookies. Mmm.
7. Swimming in the ocean. (Not at this time of the year, though!) And the ocean in general. And nature.
8. Playing in the snow. It's been a great sledding season. Also, just sitting outside after it's been snowing. It was so peaceful in the woods after the blizzard we had the weekend before last. I could have stayed out there all day, despite the fact that the snow was halfway up my leg. The snow just muffles the sound and you feel surrounded and calm. It's hard to explain, but delightful.
9. Deer in the yard. And just animals in general. Josh and I always love the zoo.
10. When we're walking and Josh wants to hold my hand. I know this won't last forever, so I will cherish my little sweetheart every day until he's too big to be seen with Mom. And then, I'll cherish him some more. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment