Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

The Dirty House List

This week's Monday Listicles is the easiest one yet: "10 Things I Would Rather Do Than Clean the House." (Thanks, Wendy!) I could list just about anything. It's not that I have anything against cleaning -- on the contrary, I like things neat and orderly, and every once in a while, I'll have a cleaning spree. It's just that I don't have enough hours in the day, or energy. And other things are much more fun. For instance:

1. Playing with Josh.
2. Playing hockey.
3. Watching hockey.
4. Taking photos.
5. Organizing my photos.
6. Watching some of my favorite shows, like "The Voice," "American Idol," "Survivor Man," "Top Shot," "30 Rock," or "Big Bang Theory."
7. Writing on my blog (Listicles!).
8. Tweeting.
9. Napping. Yeah right, that never happens. :)
10. Dancing with Josh.

Et cetera.

But there's a light at the end of the tunnel: my son loves to clean. Yes! I am the luckiest mom in the world. At least, for now, until he becomes a teenager and decides he's all set with cleaning.

So, I missed last week's list. It was a rough week -- we were sick, exhausted (Josh was having trouble sleeping), and I was crazy from some anti-anxiety medicine that made my anxiety worse (real helpful). But we've caught up on some of the sleep, are feeling better, and I decided that the meds aren't for me. I'm going with exercise, diet, vitamins, and more sleep (hopefully) instead. We'll see how that goes. Speaking of diet, I dropped 8lbs last month. Woot! I'm pretty excited about that.

Anyway, last week's list was about Love, so I just wanted to share a quick video from my little Valentine (please excuse the runny nose... poor little guy). Hope you all have a great week!



5 comments:

  1. I have a daughter that gets very inspired to clean too. It's a wonderful gift for a tired mommy. I think all your "rathers" sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had hoped to take a nap today, but alas. Also, I have a friend whose anxiety got worse on a med she was on too. She's on a different one now it's much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you for minus 8 and finding a different path to combating anxiety! we missed you, but since following you on IG it is a little easier after seeing how lovely your days are!
    Love this list. True, nothing wrong with cleaning but there is so many more important things out there. And dancing with Little J absolutely one of them!! I cannot view the video so must check it from the other browser. Off I go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had tweeting on my list too :) Also, my son loves to vacuum for me and can't wait til he he old enough to wash dishes. I hope that lasts more than a few months...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah what an adorable video :) So far my son likes playing in the dishwasher and licking the window clean... with defeats the purpose... lol!

    ReplyDelete