I'm back and ready to participate in Monday Listicles! Thanks to Christine for the great topic. I missed the topic "10 Compliments" last week. We were traveling back from the lovely state of New Hampshire on Monday and there was much house-cleaning and laundry to be done in the days following our vacation. It was definitely worth it, though. I love traveling, and it's always beautiful up there. Also, I have to admit: I am terrible at both giving and receiving compliments. It just always ends up awkward somehow. Except when it comes to Josh. He's still too young to realize his mom's a dork, and as his mother, it's OK for me to appreciate his every accomplishment -- even if it is how well he painted a paper plate at school.
But anyway, on to this week's topic:
10 WAYS YOU ARE THE SAME OR DIFFERENT THAN YOUR YOUNGER SELF
1. I used to be really outgoing up until around age six. Like, stop and talk to strangers -- and sing, dance and act out my favorite commercials to said strangers -- kinda outgoing. Josh reminds me a lot of that younger me. Now, I am pretty shy.
2. I have always and probably will always love to eat. Cookies and burritos will probably always top the favorite food list, too.
3. I used to do cartwheels for days. Why does doing just one disable me for a week now?
4. I was 5'4" when I was 10, so I've been the same height for a while.
5. My hair was relatively calm up until about age 11. Since then, it's been wilder than a herd of buffalo on a Colorado plain (I know, my similes are terrible). Even Keratin treatments don't help much. My hair just wants to be unruly.
6. Like Stasha, I have always loved photography.
7. I have always loved music, too. I listen to it all the time, and am always looking for new music to enjoy. I have always loved going to concerts, too. I went to my first when I was 9.
8. Like my younger self, I am always worrying about something. I'm surprised I don't have an ulcer by now.
9. Also like my younger self, I think too much about what other people think of me. I've always been a "people pleaser." I am taking big steps to stop that now, though.
10. I've always been a big fan of holidays (especially Christmas). But I never used to like Halloween very much. I think it's more fun now. Maybe because it isn't as scary as an adult?
Have a fantastic week!