Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Wordless Wednesday: Animals and May Flowers

I seem to be getting one blog post in a month lately, so each time I feel like I am playing catch-up. Things have just been crazy, but I hope they will wind down sometime soon. I'm hoping for a relaxing summer, but we will see! On a related note, I opted to not update my domain name for the site, since I don't feel I use it often enough. So, I am back to the plain ol' blogspot address. It works for my purposes.

But enough chatter. On to the photos!

Josh had school vacation in mid-April, and I took a day off with him to go to Mystic Aquarium in Connecticut. We saw my favorites, the penguins...

20160418_140031

... and some beautiful fish ...

20160418_142323

... and the seals, one of which wanted to eat Josh's stuffed penguin.

20160418_152656

And of course, we got the obligatory beluga whale shot.
They are known for being quite friendly (and a bunch of hams!)

20160418_134735

One particularly lovely evening, Joshua wanted to play mini-golf, but we had no luck finding a place still open. So we took a stroll down to the beach and watched the (almost) full moon appear over the water. I wish I had brought a better camera than my phone, but I captured it as best as I could.

20160421_191759

20160421_195248

On May 1st, we went to see the circus in Providence. I am usually anti-circus because I feel bad for some of the big animals, so I hadn't gone since I was very young, and had never brought Joshua.  However, I heard it was the elephants' last few performances before retiring, so I was curious to see the show. We saw them perform their second to last show, and while it was very impressive, I am glad they will be going to a place where they will hopefully have plenty of room to roam.

IMG_3403

Finally, I broke out the good ol' DSLR for a few photos last week. I've really missed photography and think I really need to find time in my schedule every week to take photos. I feel really out of practice with it, and it has always been something very relaxing and rewarding for me.

IMG_2179

IMG_2186

IMG_2191

IMG_2184

Hope you are all enjoying a very lovely Spring!

I normally link up with Ruchira for Wordless Wednesday, but there's no link today. So this is my solo Wordless Wednesday offering. I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment