Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

MixTape: My Soundtrack

This week's mixtape theme is "If My Life Had A Soundtrack…"

Rather than looking back at the past, let's start here and look into the future. If I had to pick a theme song for this moment, it would be this (in a literal sense, as well, since I'm ready to be done with this cold).

Maggie Rose - Better


There would be a recurrent theme in my soundtrack of a woman who never felt good enough for anyone else, who struggled to find her place in the world. But there would always be hope.

Lady Antebellum - One Day You Will


She would need to learn an important lesson: how to let go and have faith. She would need to realize that things weren't always going to happen the way she had planned, but that things always worked out better when she let go of her expectations and allowed them to happen. When she didn't try to control them so much. And when she remained true to herself.

Idina Menzel - Let It Go


(The cold never bothered her, anyway.)

Even if change meant that things were crappy for a little while, it was OK. She was never alone.

Casting Crowns - Just Be Held


She would also learn how to speak up for herself and reach for her dreams. She would learn how to be open, and honest, and truly brave.

Sara Bareilles - Brave


She would make her life amazing!

Wait... when did I start speaking in the third person about myself? Darn cold meds. I need one more song, about how much I love being a mom, even though I had to stop halfway through writing this to clean up after my son when he got up to go to the bathroom and completely missed the toilet. Surely there's an ode to mothers of sons somewhere? Ah, well... I like this one. There had to be a Dierks song on my soundtrack, afterall. ;)

Dierks Bentley - I'm Thinking of You


My Skewed View

No comments:

Post a Comment