Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

MixTape: Might As Well Face It

This week's Twisted Mix Tape theme is: "I don’t just love you, I’m addicted to you!"

These were some of the songs that came to mind when I saw the theme and well... sadly, they're rather heavy and tragic. Addiction can be that way, I suppose. So here's a bunch of beautiful women going crazy because one guy can't love each the right way. Really, ladies? Go find yourself a gentleman who can appreciate your awesomeness. (I know they're just songs and not their real life, but this sort of nonsense does happen.)

I can't help but sing along, though.

UPDATE: I had to come back to this because I feel like my comments may have been insensitive. I'm trying to be more lighthearted on my blog but the fact is these songs are not. They address issues such as depression (which I know all too well), domestic violence, and addiction, and there's so much we still need to do to help people in these situations. I am in a "girl power, " "be positive and change your life" sort of mode these days and tired of seeing women get treated like they are worthless by men. I know we all want to be loved but sometimes it's just not worth it. But sometimes it's just really hard to move on,  whether that's up to you or someone else. 

For more discussion on domestic violence and a tribute to a fallen blogger,  please see Becoming Supermommy.

Kelly Clarkson - "Addicted"


Eminem ft. Rhihanna - "Love the Way You Lie"


Evanescence - "Going Under"


Jacquie Lee - "I Put a Spell on You"


Zedd ft. Foxes - "Clarity"


My Skewed View

No comments:

Post a Comment