Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

MixTape: The Pick Me Up Mix

I've had a bit of a rough patch again lately. There have been some great days, but still some tough emotions. Fun with Joshua, but also feelings of anxiety, stress, frustration, and loneliness. So, when I saw that this week's Mix Tape was a "Dealer's Choice," I decided I needed some feel-good songs. Music has a way of lifting my spirits. I hope these songs lift yours, as well!

Dropkick Murphys - "Shipping Up to Boston"


A hometown anthem for those of us close to Boston. You just can't help but jig to this tune. Plus, I feel lame about having watched the Red Sox win the World Series while at home, by myself, and then missing the parade because of Joshua's activities (he's worth it, though). I'll celebrate proper one of these days!

Darius Rucker - "Wagon Wheel"


Hootie can always cheer me up, but I especially like this tune.

OneRepublic - "Counting Stars"


I like songs that make me want to dance.

Kelly Clarkson - "Stronger"


And songs that inspire me. (And videos that are super fun.)

Third Day - "The Victory"


I missed the "spiritual songs" week, but my favorite Christian music always uplifts me. I like to believe that God is looking out for me even when I can't count on other people to be there. And I am pretty sure I'll be fighting all the demons that try to bring me down until the day I die. Victoriously.

Franz Ferdinand - "Take Me Out"


And last but not least... my favorite Guitar Hero song. Now, I just want to break out the Wii.

Have a great week!
My Skewed View

No comments:

Post a Comment