Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

[226/365] Let It Snow

We had our first snowfall of the season this morning. Joshua was beyond excited. Not much accumulated, but I was glad that some of it was still around for me when I got back home. It was dark, but I grabbed a flashlight to get some snow pics. I may not have seen the sun today, but I got some outdoor photos, darn it.

[226/365] Let it Snow

_MG_6348

_MG_6325

Meanwhile, my neighbors probably think I am insane for crawling around on the ground outside in 29-degree weather.

Besides the snow, my day was, unfortunately, not so great. One mistake this morning snowballed (pun intended) into a million negative thoughts, like...
Do you ever have one of those days where you feel like a total failure? Where you have so much on your mind, you mess everything up? You act like a total jerk (or at least feel like it) to everyone because you're so stressed and frustrated and tense, and you just want to crawl into a ball and disappear? And you believe no one will even notice if you do? I hate days like this when I feel like a terrible mother, friend, everything. I felt so good this weekend -- so confident and secure in myself, and genuinely happy for the first time in a while. And for no other reason than I decided to keep only positive thoughts, have hope and faith, accept myself, and let go of the insecurity. I want to remember those feelings, and keep them forever. I can't let a little pressure make me fall apart.
Luckily, I was able to pull it together, get over it, and feel that positive vibe again. I think tomorrow is going to be much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment