Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Three Months Going on Four

I am way behind with my three month update.  Life has been so busy since I went back to work.  It's hard being away from my little man, and the house has been a disaster area lately, but we've been getting by.  It's nice to see my co-workers again, though -- and have conversation with other adults -- and I look forward to going home and playing with Joshua every night.  I can't complain too much, either, because I work from home two days a week.  Now that the weather is nicer, I can take him for walks during my lunchtime on those days.  We're also going to get a zoo membership so we can take lunch breaks and walks over there this Spring/Summer.

Joshua is now three months and three weeks, and growing so much.  It's amazing to watch someone grow and learn to do the little things that we take for granted everyday.  He's getting good at using his hands; he can pick up objects (which usually go directly into the mouth) and will sometimes even reach for objects.  He has also started using his feet when playing on his activity mat, but mostly for some wild kicking of the toy bar.  In just the past week, he's started to "talk" more -- cooing and squeaking away.  He's always laughing when he's talking; I think he's trying to tell us jokes.  I'm not surprised he's so silly, living in our household.  I hope he's always so happy.

Joshua is also getting very good at sitting up.  He still needs to be supported, but he's getting really strong.  He also loves to stand supported.  He's not a big fan of tummy time anymore, unless it's on the Boppy.  He drools a lot, and is constantly trying to "eat" his hands.  I'm not sure if he's going to be teething soon, or if his hands are just really tasty.  And he loves to watch "the baby" in the mirror.

My going back to work has helped us get into a good routine, something I felt would never happen while I was on leave.  Mornings are easier than I thought they would be, and Kevin and I have a little more time to get things accomplished at night now that Joshua has a regular bedtime and sleeps in his own room.  The nighttime routine usually consists of some play time, a bath, and a bottle.  I give him his bottle in his room, darkened with his turtle light on (shines "stars" on the ceiling), rocking in the glider, listening to a lullaby CD.  It's one of my favorite times of the day.  He usually falls asleep pretty easily, and sleeps until around 4am.  Yeah, not my choice for a wake up time, but he takes another bottle and falls back to sleep pretty quickly.

So, things are going pretty well.  I can't believe my little man is going to be four months old next week.  Time flies when you're having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment