Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

Two Months... Already!

Things have been much more hectic than I imagined they'd be since Joshua was born. I am taking advantage of some rare quiet time right now while he naps (it's a nice long one, too -- I was even able to pay the bills before blogging). My days have been filled with feedings, diaper changes, and playtime, along with household chores and some errands. I am officially sick of daytime television (with the exception of the Ellen show), but it's probably better that I stop watching the tube and start reading to my little man instead. He is especially alert and inquisitive, strong, and loves to smile and laugh. He's already trying to be a little comedian! Joshua had his two-month doctor appointment on Tuesday. He is now 11lbs, 6oz and 23 inches long. He's moving into 3-6 month clothes. He also had his first vaccination shots, and did very well. He was sleepy and didn't have much of an appetite on Wednesday, but he was back to his usual self on Thursday. We switched him to Similac formula, and he's doing very well on it. The three of us were sick for a couple of weeks last month. Joshua remained in good spirits despite being very congested. I didn't like the sound of it, but it didn't seem to bother him too much. We're all feeling much better now. He's enjoying the toybar on his bouncy seat (he likes to hit the stuffed animals) and anything with lights and music. He loves his super-comfy swing, too. He has "found" his hands, but doesn't grab much besides my fingers and hair (ouch!) yet. And he's discovered our cat Lily, though I'm not sure what he makes of her yet. On a sad note, my Papa passed away back in January. He had a stroke and heart attack on the 20th (the same day of President Obama's inauguration), and passed away on the 23rd. It was really tough to see him struggle in the hospital, but I am glad he's at peace and with my Nana now. He had a nice long life (February 17th would have been his 91st birthday), and I'm glad he got to meet Joshua the week before he died. It's really strange to think that the man who used to watch me everyday when I was young is gone, and now I am the one who has a little one to take care of. As of March 16th, I will be back to work from my maternity leave. While I like my job and the people I work with, I am not looking forward to it because I know it will be hard to juggle work and caring for the baby. Hopefully, things will be easier once we can get Joshua on a regular schedule. Now, I better go get some more things done before he wakes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment