Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

FTSF: I Used to Love...

I am trying a new link up this week: Finish the Sentence Friday (FTSF).

I used to love...

674586-R1-24-25

... "Toot Toot Baby" (my musical doll), Yogi Bear, Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Ponies, The Muppets, Fraggle Rock, Little House on the Prairie (the books and the TV show), GI Joe, Transformers, roller skating, rock music (classic and hair bands -- Headbangers Ball!), my dog Benji, and spending the days with my Papa in my pre-school and elementary school years.

... boy bands, hip hop and rap, the Mickey Mouse Club, anything Disney, Roger Clemens, John Blue (PBruins goalie), the Kennedys, Indiana Jones, Pioneer Girls (church group), writing to my penpals, my dog Tipper, spending weekends with my grandparents, and trips to New Hampshire with my friends in my middle and high school years.

... going dancing with my friends, club music, Napster, Political Science internship adventures, learning to play hockey, cruises in a friend's convertible, road trips, AOL, and John Grahame in my college and early 20s.

... being able to sleep in, stay up late, make plans spontaneously, take naps. Freedom!

Now, I love spending time with my son, photography, taking walks, nature, and country music. OK, so maybe I still listen to the club and rock music, too. And I still love a good road trip when I can get away!

It's interesting to look back and see how much we've changed and how much we have stayed the same. There are so many elements shaping our character everyday. And of course, it's always nice to have something, and someone, to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment