Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

Currently: Halloween Preparations

I'm once again linking up with Lindsey from Ot and Et and Randalin of Harvesting Kale for another edition of "Currently."

This week's themes:
committing, loving, organizing, watching, shopping

I'm committing to go to the gym at least 3 times a week: twice during the week and at least once on the weekend. Lucky for me, Josh loves the child care area. (Who wouldn't? It has a bounce house!) I have been going for the past couple of weeks, and I already feel so much better. So far it's just running on the elliptical machine and Zumba class, but I am hoping to get into weights and hopefully some Yoga classes. The Zumba teacher is super fun, which is good motivation. We even got in touch with our inner zombies tonight while dancing to "Thriller."

I'm loving:
- Joshua's sorcerer costume, hand-made by my talented mother.
- Music by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran. Especially this.
- My dinner from Chipotle. Nom nom nom.
- All of the fun plans I'm making with my friends. Good times ahead!

20141017_173043

I spent a good portion of my August and September organizing my apartment, so I haven't been doing much of that lately. I still need to get my office organized (so many papers), but I keep telling myself it will happen when it's too cold to go out in the Winter. I'll just have to fight off the hibernation instinct that tells me to lay on the couch and watch some movies instead.

I've been watching a lot of television lately, but I am trying to limit myself to one show a night. Currently on my DVR: Once Upon a Time, The Big Bang Theory, The Voice, The Biggest Loser, and Finding Your Roots. I am a history nerd, so I'm totally fascinated by that last one. I received a discount offer for Ancestry.com a couple of months ago, and have started doing my own genealogy. Turns out, my family has American Revolution patriots, and Scottish Lords, and who knows what else (rumor has it: King Macbeth). So interesting. Oh, and I'll be watching Hocus Pocus tomorrow night, because I love to watch that every Halloween. I also need to find Practical Magic because I love that one, too.

I went shopping tonight for last-minute candy and a little gift for Joshua. Oh my word. It's Christmas everywhere! Apparently, Halloween is the new Thanksgiving. And then, I have to admit, I bought the first gift of the season (some planes Joshua has been eyeing). Oh well, it will be here before we know it, and personally, I wouldn't mind shopping in November so I can enjoy December.

Have a Happy Halloween, and a great week! :)

IMG_1495

No comments:

Post a Comment