Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

[59/365] Domesticated

[59/365] Domesticated by goaliej54

I had to break out the ol' sewing kit tonight to patch up one of Josh's stuffed animals. Every time I do so, I think of my Nana, thimble on her index finger, sewing, knitting, cross-stitching (in fact, I found one of my old cross-stitch pieces in there). My great-grandma was a seamstress and I feel like her talent was passed down to Nana and my mother and stopped at me. But then I remember how well I did on the sewing machine in Home Economics class and realize: I just haven't had much practice. I miss having time for projects like cross-stitch; it was always so relaxing to me. Maybe I just need to turn off the TV, computer and iPhone from time to time, and get back into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment