Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

[29/365] Precious Moments

[29/365] Precious Moments by goaliej54
After dinner tonight, I noticed five deer out in the yard. I wanted to grab my camera, but I also wanted Josh to see them, so I grabbed him quickly and opened the door (as quietly as possible) and brought him outside. I had to hold him so he could see them, and for a minute, they just stared up at us, and then ran away. They didn't run too far, just enough to be hidden by a few trees, but we could still see them for a few minutes. Josh was so excited.

I think sometimes I am so obsessed with capturing a moment on "film" that I forget to just enjoy it. We certainly enjoyed it and took everything in tonight.

This is a lesson I need to learn: to be present in each moment, to just enjoy life's wonders instead of always trying to capture them for enjoyment later, to really listen to people instead of planning what I'll say next, to just relax, to just be. It's tough for me, but I am starting to get it. It will come, if just in baby steps.

So no photos of the deer tonight. Instead, please enjoy this photo of a Precious Moments figurine I inherited from my grandmother. I wish I had better cherished the time I got to spend with her, and my grandfather. But I'm going to try to cherish all the time I have with my little man, and everyone else who is special to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment