Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Soundtrack List

In my opinion, Monday is only good for one thing: Stasha's Listicles link-up. Time to play!

This week's list was suggested by Bruna, who seems pretty awesome, even if she is a Canucks fan. ;) Her mission? “If they were to make a movie of your life what would the soundtrack be like? Share 10 songs that best tell the story of your life. Be sure to include the period or event that each song represents."

I would never subject anyone to a movie about my life, nor the soundtrack. I do love listening to music, though, and there are hundreds of songs I could think of that I could relate to at one time or another. Music stirs my soul like nothing else. Josh loves music, too.  He tells me, "We shouldn't listen to sad music. We need to listen to happy music, to be happy!" (See why I love that kid?)  Truth is, though, sometimes the sad music is my favorite.

Since there are roughly 5 billion songs that I love, I am going to play that game where I hit the shuffle on my iPhone and share the first 10 with you. (And yes, I am going to cheat and just share the ones I like with you. I have some albums on which there are only one or two good songs.) Enjoy!

1. Shinedown "The Crow & The Butterfly" - I love Shinedown, and this song. Beautiful, though sad.
2. Tony Lucca "Pretty Things" - Tony has some great music. This is one of my fave songs by him.
3. Luke Bryan "Country Girl (Shake It For Me)" - This one just makes me want to dance. And that Luke Bryan is one handsome man. Just sayin'.
4. Hannah Deremer "A Few Small Hours" - My cousin Matt wrote this song, and his girlfriend recorded it for an album put together in his memory. He passed away from leukemia about two and a half years ago.  Here they are singing together in happier times: There's a Girl.
5. David Nail "Turning Home" - "I don't know no friends/ Like the old friends/ I never seem to laugh now/ Like I did with them"... truth.
6. Brad Paisley & Allison Krauss "Whiskey Lullaby" - Another beautiful but sad song. Allison has an amazing voice. I went to see her with Union Station and it was just the most amazing concert. Awesome harmonies. I can't even describe it.
7. Miranda Lambert "Virginia Bluebell" - "Umbrella in the rain, let it roll off your back/ Weather what you can, realize what you have."
8. Jamey Johnson "My Way to You" - Love this song.
9. Dierks Bentley "Draw Me a Map" - And this one, too.
10. Zac Brown Band "Let it Go" - "Save your strength for things that you can change/ Forget the ones you can't/ You gotta let 'em go." Good advice!


Oh, and since I am a die-hard Boston sports girl: Dropkick Murphys "Time To Go" and "Tessie!"  Have a great week. :)

8 comments:

  1. Dierks "settle for a slow down" is one of my all time favorites! Great list, love how you did this and I am happy to report my minivan is a country music driven vehicle so you will be fine when you come to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list Jessica. But BOSTON? Say it ain't so!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I've lived in RI my whole life. Love my hometown teams.

      Delete
  3. Anyone who's seen Alison Krauss has great taste in music. (In my book, anyway.) Enjoyed your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zak, Miranda, Luke, David, Brad....and all your list...just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list! Miranda is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete