Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

Currently: I Want Candy

I'm once again joining Lindsey from Ot and Et, Randalin from Harvesting Kale, and others to share what is "currently" going on with us, based on the week's themes. This week's themes are: reading, running, sending, liking, valuing

I haven't been reading too much of anything, besides Ree Drummond's children's books to my son. He's quite taken with the Pioneer Woman and her dog, Charlie. Josh just loves any book that personifies animals (Duck on a Bike is a favorite). I think he's going to love Animal Farm one day (I did), but maybe we'll try Charlotte's Web first.

I haven't been running much of anything, either. Just myself on the elliptical machine. I definitely prefer Zumba, though. And hockey. Which reminds me: I need to find out when pick-up starts again. I miss playing, big time.

I just finished sending in my Movember donation to a co-worker. I also need to get going on food and toy donations. I really want to involve Joshua this year, because I feel it's something he needs to start learning. He had a meltdown in CVS the other night because I wouldn't buy him a stuffed animal. I think he needs to help me shop for kids who can't even afford socks.

I'm really liking those Kit Kats in Joshua's bowl of candy that he'll never eat. Maybe too much. (Seriously, my child eats zero candy, but hey, it's easy on the dental bill.)

20141031_113638
"When I snap my fingers, you will eat all of my candy!"
I have been learning a lot about valuing myself this week. Really digging deep to find my strengths and passions, trying to build my self-esteem and figure out where I can be successful. I realized that, while I may not be an idea person, I am pretty good at executing ideas and supporting those who have them. I make a pretty good cheerleader to those I admire, for whatever reason, or at least I hope so. And I am realizing more and more that photography is my biggest passion. I have always been into things like sports, concerts, and political events, but I realized what I really like to do there is take photos, capture exciting moments. My dream is to be a photo journalist. I know I am nowhere good enough to do so right now, but I want to learn. I signed up for a photo class this week and cannot wait to begin!

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment