Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

MixTape: Songs for a Friend

One of your friends is feeling down and needs to feel better. Make a mix to make him/her feel better. This can be songs you know your friend will love or songs meant to cheer someone up. You decide.

Dear Friend,

I'm sorry you've been having a rough time lately. I understand how it is when you feel unappreciated. But look around -- you have so many friends who care about you. You're kind, friendly, helpful, and a good friend to everyone, even the ones who don't appreciate it (and in my opinion, don't deserve it). I hope you can see that, and want you to know that I am always there if you need to talk to someone. "Winter, spring, summer, or fall, all you've got to do it call, and I'll be there."



Please remember that the people who should be in your life will be, and they will make you happy and take care of you, not break your heart. Get rid of what you don't need, and who (or what) is hurting you. I know things are hard right now, but you will get there. I know you're stronger than you think you are. I'm in this with you. You can do it.



You know, we're definitely overdue for a girls' day. That's always a good time. What adventure shall we choose next? Or should I say, which primitive weapon shall we conquer next (now that we've mastered throwing axes and atlatls)? See -- we are crazy and awesome and fun. Let's not forget that.



We also need to plan our next road trip. We haven't been to Canada in a while, eh! And then there's the Nashville trip we've been dreaming about for a while... cowboys, anyone?



Whatever we do, I know it will be fun. And I hope it will make you feel better, even if just for a day or two -- but hopefully more as you see that some people just don't deserve your tears, and there's so much in life to be happy and excited about.

Everything is going to be OK.



Sincerely,
Your BFF (aka Twinsie)

My Skewed View

No comments:

Post a Comment