Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Writers Workshop: Photo Junkie

This week, I am following the prompt: 3.) Open your picture folders, close your eyes and pick a random photo to share and write about.

If there's one thing you must know about me (and can probably discern after about 10 seconds on this blog), I am a photo-taking junkie. It is one of my most favorite things to do. So, in this case, one does not simply open the picture folder and randomly select a photo. I turned to my friend Flickr.

Using the search field, I closed my eyes and typed in a random four-digit number, then searched on my Photostream. A photo of Joshua came up, a cute but very blurry one from May 2010, when he was one and a half. Of course, I was not happy with the blur (I want to slap my pickiness sometimes, too). And, of course I then had to dig through the May 2010 folder and found a few gems, including one of the Cutest. Videos. Ever.


The next Tiger Woods? Not so much.

IMG_1706 IMG_1685
Super cute and super cool. Hello, ladies!


These were all taken when we lived up in Massachusetts. We had a huge carpeted family room that was perfect for Josh to learn how to walk. And wasn't he such a cutie? I can't believe how big he seems now.

Since I felt like a total rule breaker, I tried the Flickr approach again, and came up with these, on the first try.

IMG_5192
Providence Bruins v Hartford Whale outdoor game in East Hartford CT, February 19, 2011. It was about 0 degrees that night (not exaggerating), and my friends and I sat through three periods plus overtime to watch the Bruins win. We warmed up in the bathroom during the intermissions. Thank God for thermals, boots with the furrr, Hot Hands, ski pants, and winter coats.

IMG_5192
Patriots AFC Championship game at Gillette Stadium, January 22, 2011. We watched the Pats beat the Baltimore Ravens to win a trip to the Superbowl. We also watched Gronk get injured (boo), legitimately, without dancing involved. I'm pretty sure I wore an outfit similar to the one I wore at the hockey game.

These events were only within a month of each other, and both involved some frigid temperatures (which I will take over sweating in 90 degrees and humidity any day). Both were totally worth it.

So, if there's another thing you must know about me, it's that I love my son, the winter, and my New England sports. :)
Mama’s Losin’ It

No comments:

Post a Comment