Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The 30 Minute List

You have thirty free minutes -- no kids, no chores, nowhere in particular to be -- to do whatever you want. What do you do?

There are so many things I would love to do, and I could use a bunch of these thirty minutes throughout the day. It would be nice to be able to get things accomplished and still have time to decompress, and do everything I enjoy. Alas, time is not that kind, especially when a full time job and motherhood are involved. But one can dream. And have a plan for when any of those spare moments should arise.

Stasha asked in this week's Monday Listicles link-up, and here's my response:

TOP 10 WAYS TO SPEND 30 MINUTES

IMG_6228

1. Taking a walk. Preferably somewhere quiet and natural.
2. Breaking out the camera to snap some photos. Bonus points if it's on that walk.
3. Reading.
4. Writing.
5. Arithmetic. Or maybe just a Sudoku puzzle. Or Words with Friends.
6. Catching up on Instagram.
7. Dancing (via Zumba class, Wii, XBox, or just randomly in the living room -- it's been known to happen, but I can't tell you it's a pleasant sight!).
8. Playing the piano. Maybe the guitar someday, too.
9. Learning something new. Hoping to make time for Lightroom and PHP soon.
10. On a nice day: taking a ride with the windows down, while listening to my favorite music (and probably singing loudly). Maybe on the way to take that walk.

Now that I've spent tonight's thirty minutes on #4... I hope you all have a wonderful week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment