Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Night

Moon by goaliej54
I love the night sky --
The stars with all their patterns
And my favorite, the moon


I've never been much of a morning person. I've always preferred staying up and waking up late. It's not that I don't like the daytime or soaking up the sun -- until it starts to burn my sensitive skin, at least, or makes me too hot. (I hate being hot.) I just function better at night. I'm not a rush-around kind of person, and the dark is relaxing. And the night can also be so magical and beautiful and exciting. Some of my fondest memories are of the night, and not just from when I was old enough to go clubbing (those were some good times, too, though). "Midnight" walks to the beach (probably 9pm, but I took Dad's word for it), walks around NYC or Boston (possibly singing and dancing all the while, with dreams of Broadway stardom in my head), and the calm intensity of the stars when viewed from a small town in Colorado (with a few coyote howls mixed in).

Pure magic.

"I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Inspired by Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop, following the prompt "2.) Write a blog post inspired by the word: Night."


Mama’s Losin’ It

No comments:

Post a Comment