The little guy turned four this past weekend. I can't believe it. He tells me he still feels like he's three. I'm sure he'll feel four soon enough. He's going to have his bed converted into a full size (it's in toddler mode now), and he'll be using a booster seat instead of the car seat once I figure that all out. I'm not sad at all about this; I love seeing him grow into a bigger boy.
For this week's list meme, I am totally straying from the topic and want to write a list of resolutions (sorry Kate, but I love your blog!). I know many people groan at this topic, but I think it's great to take an occasional look at oneself and see where there's room for improvement. I'm thinking about low-pressure resolutions for this year, though. One of my resolutions is to be nicer to myself. Here are some others (un-ordered list because I am being a super rebel this week):
- Lose the last 10 pounds. I want to finish what I started last year. Since I have been able to maintain my weight (probably because I cannot eat dairy anymore), I'm hoping that exercise will help me shed the rest of the pounds. I have been lazy lately.
- Practice random acts of kindness. There's a movement for this, in the wake of the Sandy Hook tragedy, but I am hoping to extend this to more than just 26 acts. I think this should be part of my everyday life. If I see a need and can help, I want to push myself to help, even if I feel awkward or shy (which is often the case). I have trouble even thanking people sometimes, even when I really appreciate what they have done for me, so this is going to be a hard one. I'm hoping to volunteer my time in some way, as well.
- Think positively in all situations.
- Try to relax, and not worry so much about what others think. Enjoy life.
- Be patient with Josh, and ALWAYS appreciate him. That big ball of energy. Maybe he can share some with me.
- Take lots of photos. Like that's a challenge! I want to improve my photography, though. I signed up for an online class and am very excited to start.
- Organize my life. My office/papers need this in the worst way. I also want to consolidate/organize my social networks. I am thinking about getting rid of some of them, definitely debating what I want to use and how (Pinterest is the first to go, maybe Twitter, too, as I don't use them very often).
See? Not too bad. Hoping for an awesome 2013 for us all.