Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

The School List

Monday Listicles on a Thursday? Fashionably late, as usual. ;)

This week, since the kids are all heading back, Stasha has asked us to make a list related to school.  So, without further ado, my list of 10:

1. My best subject was math. I think it will be Josh's, as well. He loves to count and is already doing some addition. You should have seen how excited he was when the concept of addition clicked in his mind. I was always in the highest math classes, and took Calculus II in college (I took the first part in high school) to boost my GPA after getting a C in a law class. Hello, sign I was in the wrong major!

2. I majored in Political Science in college. Should have listened to my father and majored in Computer Science.

3. My favorite non-academic activity was chorus.  I started in my church's children's choir when I was in elementary school, then was in the chorus in middle and high school. I made the All-State Chorus in grade 9 and Concert Choir (competitive choir) in grades 11 and 12. I sang for one semester in college and was in the community chorus for a while, too. I don't have a great voice, but I love music and love to sing. Josh does, too. It's something I'd like to get back into. I've been thinking about finding a community chorus to join again.

4. I hated gym. I was always awkward and klutzy, picked last. I did a little better in my later years of high school, however. I was one of the best archers in the school, created a kick-butt aerobics routine with two of my friends, and had a blast in floor hockey. Maybe I just needed the right activities.

5. I always thought history was interesting, except for the parts about the wars. Oh man, do I hate to read about war tactics. I don't care; just tell me why they fought and what came out of it.

6. I think science is fascinating, but it was always one of my worst subjects in school. I couldn't do a lab to save my life. The only section I aced was meteorology. You can still find me on the weather websites all the time. (Ahem, nerd!)

7. Yeah, I was a nerd, and bullied -- called a teacher's pet, threatened a few times. I tried to play dumb sometimes, and still find myself doing that, but I don't have much going for me besides my brain. Which Josh stole some of when I was pregnant. I'm in trouble now.

8. I loved art. I was actually pretty decent at drawing, too. I am way out of practice now. I also took an after-school photography class, using my step-father's SLR, when I was in middle school. So fun.

9. I was in a couple of plays. I always wished I wasn't so shy; my stage fright was crippling. I was in the background (essentially) for "Alice in Wonderland" and had some bigger parts in a production we created for our history class in high school. There were some plays in elementary and middle school, too. I never felt like I fit in with the drama / choir crowd because I didn't have the talent, but I always liked hanging out with them. And when I was not freaking out, I actually did like being up on stage. We had some good times.

10. Josh starts his school journey next Monday, his first day of preschool. I think I am more nervous than he is. But I cannot wait to see where his journey takes him. :)

1 comment:

  1. I studied Political Science too!! Love this list, we have so much in common it is crazy! Cannot wait to hear about Josh's first day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete