Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Book List

Hello again from the resident slacker! I needed some time off last week because things have been hectic, and my allergies and back pain are acting up again. I felt guilty about it, except, not really. I needed the rest.

Now back to list making!

This week, we are making a list of books. I am stealing Stasha's idea and listing out Josh's favorite books. Let's face it, the internet and children's books are the only things I read these days. That's not to say that I don't like reading, because I do. I'm just. so. tired. But anyway... the list.

Josh's Top 10 Bedtime Stories

IMG_4833

1. Goodnight Gorilla, by Peggy Rathmann. We have a DVD of the story, as well, which is good for some quiet time when he's all wound up.

2. Click Clack Moo, by Doreen Cronin. This one cracks us up every time.

3. Wacky Wednesday, by Dr. Seuss. Josh loves looking for all the wacky things in the pictures.

4. Biscuit series, by Alyssa Satin Capucilli. Someone wants a dog, badly. He told me the other day that we need to keep the doors open so the cats run away and then we can get a dog. I don't think so, Mister.

5. Spot series, by Eric Hill. Again, the dog obsession. We have these DVDs, too, and he has a stuffed Spot. All adorable.

6. Waddle Waddle Penguin, by Sesame Workshop. He has inherited Mama's love of penguins.

7. Pajama Time, by Sandra Boynton. Actually, we have a bunch of Boynton books, and love them all. My favorite is "Your Personal Penguin," of course.

8. I Love You, Good Night, by Jon Buller and Susan Schade. A really sweet book about the love between a mother and her child.

9. Goodnight Moon, by Margaret Wise Brown. A classic. And Josh and I love looking out at the moon at night.

10. The Poky Little Puppy, by Janette Sebring Lowrey. This was my favorite story as a child, so I of course had to share it with Josh. :)

3 comments:

  1. We love Biscuit and the Pokey Puppy around here too. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My reading list is same as yours :) Hope your back pain goes away. Josh has a wonderful taste in literature. Have you read the Dogs book from Boyton? You know you are cool when you read that one out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list of books! I was going to link up this week with the top 10 from my kids childhood (quite varied with 2 boys & 2 girls). It just wasn't a great week... but I figure it's a bit too late now.

    ReplyDelete