1. The show "Family Guy" is based here. I think Quahog is supposed to be Cranston, but I'm not sure. Sometimes I watch the show and there are so many RI references, I wonder how people from other states get it.
2. The Farrelly brothers, creators of "Something About Mary," "Dumb and Dumber," etc. are from here. Many of their movies were filmed here, as well.
3. It is known as the Ocean State. Except for the year I lived in MA, I have never lived more than a couple of miles from the ocean.
4. You can get some of the best Italian food ever on Providence's Federal Hill.
5. You can get some of the freshest seafood anywhere in the state, but I like to go down to Galilee, where the fishermen bring in their fresh catches.
6. We have several islands, the largest of which are Jamestown, Aquidneck (where Newport is located), Prudence and Block. I also love Rose Island, with its gorgeous lighthouse.
7. We are the smallest state, with the longest official name: State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.
8. It's not part of NY or Long Island, but we're not too far from there.
9. I can get to any state border on a main highway in about 40 mins or less.
10. Rhode Islanders are proud of their little state. It's a beautiful place with so many reasons to visit!