Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Yuck

I realize it's Monday Listicles, not Tuesday, but I was sick yesterday. Actually, I am still sick today, but I was smart enough to take medicine. Ah, glorious medicine.

So, this week we are making food lists. Any kind of food list. I have no appetite today between the meds and a sore throat (which is a good thing, because I usually have too much appetite), so I decided to make a list of my top ten least favorite foods. We gonna do this Letterman-style:

10. Shellfish - Well, not really. But I am allergic to it, so that makes me bitter about it. I used to like it before my reaction.
9. Tofu - Ack.
8. Tapioca pudding - I want to like this, but the consistency is... gross.
7. Raw fish - I've never had sushi, but I did have tuna that was just quickly seared, and thought it was disgusting. Fully cooked fish is just fine, thank you.
6. Licorice - Gross. But I am proud that I spelled it right on the first try.
5. Goat feet - My dad made me try this at a Mexican restaurant once. I compared it to trying to eat pencil erasers.
4. Salami, and most deli meat - I used to eat ham, before I got a nasty case of food poisoning from it. Now, I can deal with turkey, but that's about it.
3. Asparagus - I can't stand the smell. Even before it goes through one's system.
2. I have to come up with ten? Really? Hmm... how about cat food? That stuff is pretty nasty. It's no wonder my cats are trying to kill me.

And finally, my number one least favorite food...
1. Olives - They literally make me gag. I almost threw up once because there was a tiny piece of olive in my calzone. It's ridiculous, I know.

And now, I am going to tape this list to my fridge and use it as an appetite suppressant.

2 comments:

  1. Licorice YES, that stuff is nasty. I love your number two, it would make it to my LOL list from last week ;) hope you feel better soon, I got strep too, must be in the air, literary...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swooping in from Monday Listicles:
    First of all don't feel bad for doing yours on Tuesday...I did mine on Thursday. (-:
    Second of all I'm pretty sure your list of least fave foods coordinates perfectly with my listicles of shit my parents fed me when I was growing up, right down to the goat's feet (which in my case were pig's feet).
    (-:

    ReplyDelete