Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Picture the Holidays | Day 31

Day 31: Gather Your Thoughts

Yesterday was the final day of the "Picture the Holidays" online workshop. We were asked to think about our intentions for 2011. I know my biggest intention is to smile more and worry less, so I gathered a bunch of smiles for this photo. I'd also like to continue working on my photography, and to take better care of myself -- eating better, getting more exercise and sleep, not beating myself up about every little thing. I guess that all goes along with being happier, too.

I can't believe it's 2011 already; this year has really flown by. 2010 was a pretty good year, I can't complain. I am especially grateful for the people who encouraged me in regard to my photography -- the compliments I have received have really given me the confidence to keep pushing myself to learn more and take better photos. I am also very grateful for the family members who gave me money for my birthday, so I could buy the D-SLR. It's been amazing, and so much fun.

What's up next, now that PTH is done? My goal for 2011 is to complete a 365 Project. I was going to sign up for "Picture the Winter," but I decided to take a break from that. I will miss the prompts and community aspect (both are great inspiration), but the freedom to take a photo of whatever I'd like sounds good right now. I can always find inspiration on the internet if I need it. I'm excited about this new project... hoping to get some great photos.

Edit (1/3/11): I decided to post my 365 Project photos at Flickr, since that is where I keep all of my other photos. Made more sense to have everything in one place, and the 365 Project site didn't offer much more than photo storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment