Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Currently: Oh, Snap

Linking up with Lindsey and Randalin again this week, sharing what is currently going on around here. This week's theme words are: starting, looking, listening, snapping, making.

I'm finally starting to get into the groove of things again. I took a bit of time off from blogging, photography, and TV during the holiday week and into January so I could get more rest and just take care of myself for a while. I'm doing some personal journaling and trying to get some clarity on where I am and where I want to be. Good, good stuff. I did not take a break from social media, however, so I probably spent a few too many hours surfing Facebook (and definitely Instagram). At least I still made some progress, so it's all good.

While I was looking around Jo-Ann's last night (getting crafty), the Spring decor was actually making me feel depressed. I think there's something wrong with me. I am sad about the lack of snow this winter, and was actually really happy when the temps were below 20F. I think it's time I moved to the South Pole. I love penguins, so that could work.

I'm currently listening to a few new albums I purchased recently by Lady Antebellum, Jason Aldean, and Little Big Town. They are all great, but I especially like the one by LBT. They are just amazing, and if you ever have a chance to see them live -- do it! Speaking of seeing people live, my friends and I have plans to see NKOTB, Nelly and TLC this Spring. Hollerrr! (Yeah, I'll never grow up.)

If you hear the sound of snapping, that would be me, putting together the millions of pieces to the Playmobil sets Joshua got for Christmas and his birthday. Don't get me wrong, the toys are amazing and have already gotten several hours of play, but holy smokes, it took me an hour just to put together the camper. I guess that means I get to play with it, too!



All this bickering between Republicans and Democrats is making me crazy. I keep getting emails from one party asking for money to fight back against the other. Seriously? I pay enough taxes for you people to get things done. I'd rather donate my money to people who are actually going to help other people. As the Patriots football team would say (their post-season motto): "DO YOUR JOB!"

And that's all the soap box I have in me for today. Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment