Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

The When I Grow Up List

Late again for the Listicle party. Sorry, Stasha!

This week's Listicle topic was chosen by Wendy (whose Instagram feed I enjoy daily). I really enjoyed this, looking back and trying to remember what I wanted to be when I was a child. It really made me think about who I was then and who I am now. I think I had a better idea back then. It's great to be young and have so much promise for the future, before life starts to get in the way and makes it harder to achieve your dreams. I like to imagine what Joshua might be someday. I hope he can do some great things.

This list also made me think about the past week and some of the issues that have really held me back over the years. It was one of those "blue" weeks where the voices in my head tell me that I am not good enough, no one likes me, etc. I am stressed out, not getting enough sleep, and have not felt healthy in months. It's been a struggle and I wish I could just get over it already. I guess I need to work harder on this. I need to make some positive changes in my life. {Insert Stuart Smalley daily affirmation quote here.}


On a happy and lighter note, I had a great time with my friends at the AHL All-Star Classic in Providence this weekend. It was great to be with so many hockey fans -- from as far away as Texas -- having a great time.


Ok, I have rambled enough. Time for the list!

10 THINGS YOU THOUGHT AS A CHILD YOU WOULD DO/BE
1. Author/Illustrator of children’s books
2. Greeting card designer
3. Designer/layouts for magazines
4. Stay-at-home mom
5. Teacher
6. Singer/Song-writer
7. Actress
8. Social worker or activist
9. An Olympian -- figure skating, gymnastics, skiing, or swimming (no women's hockey back then, or else it would have been in the list!)
10. Photographer



674586-R1-05-6
Sorry, Ronald, I never dreamed of working at McDonald's... but I would have been cute in an ad!

I didn't become any of those, although I still like to make greeting cards for people, and 3 isn't too far from my job as a website developer. I always liked playing with computers, so I'm not surprised to have ended up in this industry. And I can't stay at home, but I am a mom. My favorite job. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment