Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Guilty Pleasures List: Diet Edition

As soon as I read that Miss Marina Star (via Stasha) was asking us for a list of Guilty Pleasures, I thought about food. I am currently on a diet and going strong. I have lost 20 pounds so far and have about another 20 to go. I never thought I would be so motivated to lose weight, and am so happy with my progress. All it has taken is the drive to succeed, a simple iPhone app to count calories, and some exercise. Oh, and a whole lot of willpower. With that, I present to you:

The Top 10 Foods I am Craving While on a Diet (But have not touched!)

1. Cannoli - Food of the Gods.
2. Pizza - It just smells so good. Going to look into making a "healthified" version at home.
3. Cookies - I am a cookie monster, for sure. I've been eating 120-calorie packs of Teddy Grahams instead.
4. Ice Cream - The real kind, although my Skinny Cow and Weight Watchers versions have kept me very happy. :)
5. Caramel Latte - Ice coffee with skim milk just isn't the same.
6. French Fries - I don't even really like fries, but they smell so good. Homemade baked potatoes are taking the place.
7. Buffalo Wings - Chicken breast with Red Hot sauce does the trick, though.
8. Chicken Pot Pie - My mother made a "healthified" version of this one night, and it wasn't bad. I love the fattening kind, though.
9. Pie in General - Fruit pies are from Heaven. I don't need them on my hips, though. Plain fruit for me. Maybe with some cinnamon.
10. Peanut Butter - Good for me, but in very small amounts. Too many calories. I would love to sit there and eat the whole jar. Darn you, metabolism.

IMG_4318
Yum.

2 comments:

  1. I also LOVE buffalo wings... I'm not as healthy through. I fry them and smother them in Frank's wing sauce! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you. I finally lost the last pair of jeans to my big mid so I have too choices: buy bigger or start living better. I like my clothes so I might just have to ask you to let me know what route you took. I saw your picture the other day: YOU ARE GLOWING!!!

    ReplyDelete