Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Never Say Never List

This week's topic is "I'll Never...": The Top Ten Things You Said You Would NEVER Do And Have Caught Yourself Doing, suggested by Greta. I could basically just copy Stasha's list, but I'll try to think of some others. I'm sure there are plenty.

1. Talk to myself. My grandma used to do this and I thought it odd. My excuse is that Josh talks so much, I have to keep the conversation going when he's not around. But let's be honest: I am pretty sure it started when I became a goalie.
2. Refer to myself in the third person. This is on Stasha's list but I had to mention it. It irks me that I this!
3. Work with computers. My dad told me I should and I fought it. Not sure why, because I enjoy it now.
4.  Use text messaging. When it first came out, I thought, "I have no use for that." I only use it all the time now.
5. Buy an iPhone, or anything by Apple. I can be a rebel sometimes when it comes to trends. I like my phone a lot, though. Also: I said the same thing about owning a pair of Ugg-like boots (I have Emus) and a Northface jacket. Those were gifts, at least. :)
6. Speak in baby talk.  Another one that Stasha mentioned, but I definitely have to agree!
7. Try to make my child eat more than he wants.  But I also never thought I'd have a child who didn't love food as much as I do.
8. Let myself get too fat. Ugh.
9. Sing in public. Josh and I do this often.  He's still singing "Jingle Bells."
10. Listen to kids music in the car.  "My child will listen to the same music as I." Yeah, right. As I jam out to the Imagination Movers.

3 comments:

  1. Love the ones you came up with. So in the goal you kind of talk to yourself for support? makes sense.
    We only listen to my kids music too. Thankfully Rascal flats did a cover for Cars movie so I have one kind of grown up song on my repertoire. But he talks so much, the radio is switched off most of the time anyway...
    You could copy and paste :) Seems all us moms are in the same boat! I have just upgraded my jeans to a size bigger yet again. And I think I am OK with it. Since the alternative is stop eating cookieS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't all goalies talk to themselves? I know the one on my son's team does. But then again, he is a bit 'crazy'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the kid music! I said that too! Have you tried Caspar Babypants, I catch myself singing it even when Jakah isn't in the room....

    ReplyDelete