Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween List

It's time once again for Stasha's Monday Listicles.  This week's assignment: Halloween List.

Ten Costumes I've Worn

1. Strawberry Shortcake - my favorite childhood character.
2. Cheerleader - when I was 5 and still cute.
3. Clown - once as a baby (we had hand-me-down costumes hand-sewn by my great-grandmother), and once when I was older and looked pretty ridiculous.
4. Hershey Kiss - I got the hat at Hershey Park in PA, and my mom made the costume.  Definitely one of the more creative outfits.
5. Angel - my brother dressed as a devil.  The outfits were totally appropriate.  Ha ha ha.
6. Gypsy - I just wanted to be comfy that year.
7. Hippy - again, I wanted to be comfy.
8. Surgeon - my friend got some medical gear for work and we dressed up and went out dancing at the club.  Comfy.  I am noticing a trend.
9. Witch - I've worn this costume about 10 times.  I may or may not have a slight obsession with them.  I am hoping to get back to Salem around Halloween time again one of these years.
10. Mary Katherine Gallagher - actually, I was going for Britney Spears, but that didn't quite work out for me.  I got rave reviews on the MKG outfit, though.  I was told I look "just like her!"  I am not quite sure how I feel about that.

And I've dressed as a Mama for the past 3 years, bringing Josh out as a monkey, Yoda, and Superman. :)

Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

  1. Love that, dressed as a mama! Because I walked around the neighborhood today and noticed none of the parents wore costumes. Apart from one mom that might have been a witch, hooker or just dressed up for going out on a date. It was dark she ight have been a he altogether.
    I would be a chocolate bar every year if I could :) Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous costumes- fabulous!

    (A Hershey kiss! Hee! How very clever is that? :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the list!
    and dressing as a Mama, your best outfit yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this list. I am going to try to remember as many costumes as I can. For me my two highlight costumes were from grade 3 and 4 and they are forever etched in my mind. Grade 3 a Christmas present for my teacher and Grade 4 half man/half woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL my sister was Mary Katherine Gallagher one year. It was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete